first term english exam اولى ثانوي منهاج الجزائر

املي بالله

نائبة المدير العام
first term english exam

[FONT=&quot]first term english exam
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sheik[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Braham[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] High School[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] first term english Examination[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Form: Exp Sciences Classes[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Year one Date: 22 December 2010[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Here is an email sent by Eliza, a[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]South-African girl to an Algerian key- pal. Read it carefully then do the tasks[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]that follow[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dear Yasmine[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I have found your email address on the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]internet this morning, and I am so pleased to correspond with an Algerian key[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]pal. Your country is getting more and more popular these days among the South[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Africans, and we are proud of the qualification of your national squad for 2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]World Cup. I am eager to know more about you and your country. But I have to[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]introduce myself first[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]My name is Eliza. I am named after my grandmother[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]who passed away seven years ago. Her death caused a terrible shock to me. I am[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 15 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]going on 16. I am a first- year student of Experimental Sciences at Nelson Mandela High School. I am quite tall and plump. I look a bit like my father. I[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]have got his fair hair and dark brown eyes, but I have got my mother’s[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]personality. I live in a so small, healthier, and mutually supportive[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]family[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]On weekdays, I always wake up early in the morning to do ablution and[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]prepare myself for the Dawn prayer. I often take my breakfast at seven. After[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]finishing the breakfast, I dress and go to school. I generally take the bus[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]because it is a little bit far. I have classes from 8 to 11 in the morning and[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]from 2 to 4 in the afternoon. I would like to be important in the near future. I[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]want to get a job consistent with my speciality. I have a dream. I want to be a[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]video-photographer for weddings and social ceremonies[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I live, together with[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]my family, in Johannesburg, the richest city in South Africa. It is undergoing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]renovation since the early 2000‘s, motivated in its approach by the next World[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cup Football championship. Johannesburg has about 710 000 inhabitants, a density[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]of 1 962 inhabitants / km ². The city is known for hosting the Earth Summit2002[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and the final FIFA World Cup to be held on Sunday, July 11. I hear a great[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]number of Algerians will arrive in Johannesburg to support their national team[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It would be a great surprise to see you among them. Never mind, the weather will[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]be beautiful. Welcome! Eliza[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]A: Reading/Interpreting[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Choose the items[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]that best complete these sentences: (2pts[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a. Eliza found Yasmine’s email[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]address …a) in a daily newspaper. b) in a magazine. c) On the internet[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]b[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eliza feels: a) quite delighted b) not at all delighted to correspond with[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yasmine[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]c. Eliza usually gets up: a) early b) late c) around 8 in the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]morning[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]d. Eliza hopes to be: a) a dentist b) surgeon c) a[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]video-photographer[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark the statements below as True or False. Quote from[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the email to correct the false ones.(3pts[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a. Eliza is a sixteen-year-old[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]girl, with fair hair and light brown eyes[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]b. She resembles her mother, but[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]she has got her father’s personality[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]c. With her small supportive family, she[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]resides in Johannesburg, South Africa[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Read paragraph 3.Pick out all the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]activities Eliza does on weekdays. List them from the most to the least frequent[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]one: (2pts[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]Read paragraph 4, then answer the questions below 2pts[/FONT][FONT=&quot])[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How many inhabitants are there in Johannesburg[/FONT][FONT=&quot]?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]b what is it famous[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for[/FONT][FONT=&quot]?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]c. a great number of Algerians are expected to travel to Johannesburg[/FONT][FONT=&quot] .[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]state the reason[/FONT][FONT=&quot] .[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]When will the Final FIFA World Cup 2010 take[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]place[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]B: Text Exploration[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]Find in the text words or[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]phrases that mean nearly the same as: (0.5pt[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a. exchange letters and[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]messages[/FONT][FONT=&quot]= …………(&1) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]b. very happy[/FONT][FONT=&quot] =……………(&1)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]Find in the text words[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]that are opposite in meaning to0.5pt[/FONT][FONT=&quot])[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]b. late[/FONT][FONT=&quot]=……………..(&3 ) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Unknown[/FONT][FONT=&quot]#......................(&4) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]Where appropriate, insert in the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]sentences below, the adverbs provided in parentheses: (1.5Pt[/FONT][FONT=&quot])[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a. Eliza is a[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]familiar name in South Africa ( quite[/FONT][FONT=&quot] )[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]b. The school where she studies is[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]far ( a bit[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]c. she goes to school by bus (frequently[/FONT][FONT=&quot] )[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ask the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]question that the underlined item answers: (1pt[/FONT][FONT=&quot])[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a. She studies from 8 to 11 in the morning[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fill in each gap with one word so that the text makes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]sense: (2pts[/FONT][FONT=&quot])[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]temperature - located - summer - east[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Republic of South Africa is …….. in the south of Africa, with a 2,798 km coastline on the Atlantic[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and Indian oceans. To the north, it is bordered by Namibia, Botswana, and[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Zimbabwe[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]; to the……. are Mozambique and Swaziland. Its average ……….. during the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]day is about 28 ° to 30 ° in……… and 10 ° to 20 ° in winter[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Write the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]phonetic symbols for the consonants in the following words: (1.5pt[/FONT][FONT=&quot])[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]country/……………/ b. family/…………../ c. known[/FONT][FONT=&quot]/……………../[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]c. Writing (Choose[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]one topic) (4pts[/FONT][FONT=&quot])[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]Translate into Arabic from ‘ I live together …’’ to[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ‘.. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the weather will be beautiful’’. ( paragraph 4[/FONT][FONT=&quot])[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]Imagine you are[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Eliza‘s key pal. Write a short reply to her email following the plan[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]below[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a .introduce your self briefly b. Describe your regular[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]activities[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]c. Introduce your town[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Good luck Teacher: Mr. Zai[/FONT]
[/FONT]

الوسوم
english exam term الجزائر اولى ثانوي منهاج
عودة
أعلى