first term english exam
SheikBraham High School first term english Examination
Form: Exp Sciences Classes. Year one Date: 22 December 2010
Here is an email sent by Eliza, aSouth-African girl to an Algerian key- pal. Read it carefully then do the tasksthat follow:
I have found your email address on theinternet this morning, and I am so pleased to correspond with an Algerian key- pal. Your country is getting more and more popular these days among the South- Africans, and we are proud of the qualification of your national squad for 2010World Cup. I am eager to know more about you and your country. But I have tointroduce myself first.
My name is Eliza. I am named after my grandmotherwho passed away seven years ago. Her death caused a terrible shock to me. I am 15 going on 16. I am a first- year student of Experimental Sciences at Nelson Mandela High School. I am quite tall and plump. I look a bit like my father. Ihave got his fair hair and dark brown eyes, but I have got my mother’spersonality. I live in a so small, healthier, and mutually supportivefamily.
On weekdays, I always wake up early in the morning to do ablution andprepare myself for the Dawn prayer. I often take my breakfast at seven. Afterfinishing the breakfast, I dress and go to school. I generally take the busbecause it is a little bit far. I have classes from 8 to 11 in the morning andfrom 2 to 4 in the afternoon. I would like to be important in the near future. Iwant to get a job consistent with my speciality. I have a dream. I want to be avideo-photographer for weddings and social ceremonies.
I live, together withmy family, in Johannesburg, the richest city in South Africa. It is undergoingrenovation since the early 2000‘s, motivated in its approach by the next WorldCup Football championship. Johannesburg has about 710 000 inhabitants, a densityof 1 962 inhabitants / km ². The city is known for hosting the Earth Summit2002and the final FIFA World Cup to be held on Sunday, July 11. I hear a greatnumber of Algerians will arrive in Johannesburg to support their national team. It would be a great surprise to see you among them. Never mind, the weather willbe beautiful. Welcome! Eliza
1. Choose the itemsthat best complete these sentences: (2pts)
a. Eliza found Yasmine’s emailaddress …a) in a daily newspaper. b) in a magazine. c) On the internet
b. Eliza feels: a) quite delighted b) not at all delighted to correspond withYasmine
c. Eliza usually gets up: a) early b) late c) around 8 in themorning.
d. Eliza hopes to be: a) a dentist b) surgeon c) avideo-photographer.
2. Mark the statements below as True or False. Quote fromthe email to correct the false ones.(3pts)
a. Eliza is a sixteen-year-oldgirl, with fair hair and light brown eyes
b. She resembles her mother, butshe has got her father’s personality
c. With her small supportive family, sheresides in Johannesburg, South Africa
3. Read paragraph 3.Pick out all theactivities Eliza does on weekdays. List them from the most to the least frequentone: (2pts)
3. Read paragraph 4, then answer the questions below 2pts)
a. How many inhabitants are there in Johannesburg?
b what is it famousfor?
c. a great number of Algerians are expected to travel to Johannesburg .state the reason .
When will the Final FIFA World Cup 2010 takeplace
B: Text Exploration
1. Find in the text words orphrases that mean nearly the same as: (0.5pt)
a. exchange letters andmessages= …………(&1) b. very happy =……………(&1)
2. Find in the text wordsthat are opposite in meaning to0.5pt)
b. late=……………..(&3 ) a. Unknown#......................(&4)
3. Where appropriate, insert in thesentences below, the adverbs provided in parentheses: (1.5Pt)
a. Eliza is afamiliar name in South Africa ( quite )
b. The school where she studies isfar ( a bit )
c. she goes to school by bus (frequently )
4. Ask thequestion that the underlined item answers: (1pt)
a. She studies from 8 to 11 in the morning
5. Fill in each gap with one word so that the text makessense: (2pts)
temperature - located - summer - east
The Republic of South Africa is …….. in the south of Africa, with a 2,798 km coastline on the Atlanticand Indian oceans. To the north, it is bordered by Namibia, Botswana, andZimbabwe; to the……. are Mozambique and Swaziland. Its average ……….. during theday is about 28 ° to 30 ° in……… and 10 ° to 20 ° in winter.
6. Write thephonetic symbols for the consonants in the following words: (1.5pt)
a. country/……………/ b. family/…………../ c. known/……………../
c. Writing (Chooseone topic) (4pts)
1. Translate into Arabic from ‘ I live together …’’ to ‘.. the weather will be beautiful’’. ( paragraph 4)
2. Imagine you areEliza‘s key pal. Write a short reply to her email following the planbelow:
a .introduce your self briefly b. Describe your regularactivities
c. Introduce your town
Good luck Teacher: Mr. Zai
المصدر: منتديات العربية العامة
الابتدائية الاربعون عرعر
من مواضيع بحر الشوق :
- قواعد اللغة الانجليزية لجميع المستويات 2016 المنهاج الجزائري
- قواعد اللغة الفرنسية لجميع المستويات الدراسية 2016 المنهاج الجزائري
- مصطلحات في الأدب العربي لجميع المستويات 2016 المنهاج الجزائري
- كتاب ملخص يشرح كل قواعد البلاغة في مادة اللغة العربية و آدابها لجميع المستويات 2016 المنهاج الجزائري
- كتاب تعلم الإعلام الآلي للمتوسط و الثانوي 2016 المنهاج الجزائري
- إختبارات التربية المدنية للسنة الثانية ابتدائي 2016 المنهاج الجزائري
- إختبارات التربية الفنية للسنة الثانية ابتدائي 2016 المنهاج الجزائري
- مذكرات السنة الثانية ابتدائي جميع المواد 2016 المنهاج الجزائري
- كتاب التربية المدنية للسنة الثانية ابتدائي 2016 المنهاج الجزائري
- إختبارات التربية العلمية و التكنولوجية للسنة الثانية ابتدائي 2016 المنهاج الجزائري
الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)